Olivia Dopler is a partner at Steven Adair MacDonald & Partners, P.C. Her practice focuses on real estate litigation, primarily residential and commercial landlord-tenant disputes in the San Francisco Bay Area. Olivia has tried cases in civil court, represented clients in rent board arbitrations, mediated disputes, and negotiated numerous settlements on behalf of her clients.
Olivia earned her B.A. in political science from the University of California, Davis, where she graduated with highest honors and received the Clyde Jacobs and Larry Peterman Distinguished Scholar Award. She received her J.D. from Golden Gate University School of Law in San Francisco, California, and she served as an associated editor on the Golden Gate University Law Review.
Olivia is a member of the State Bar of California. She has also been named to the Northern California “Rising Stars” list published in the Super Lawyers Magazines from 2018-2020. Each year, no more than 2.5% of attorneys in the state are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive this honor.
Areas of Practice
Golden Gate University School of Law, San Francisco, California
J.D. – 2012
Law Review: Golden Gate University Law Review, Associate Editor, 2010 – 2012
University of California, Davis, Davis, California
B.A. summa cum laude – 2008
“Appeals Court Upholds SF Law Prohibiting Landlords From Discriminating Against Section 8 Tenants”, Small Property Owners of San Francisco Institute, Vol. 20, No. 6, June 2018
Residential Landlord-Tenant Subsection Hosts Networking Mixer for Real Property Attorneys, California State Bar Real Property Law Section E-Bulletin, December 2014
Classes and Seminars
- Navigating COVID-19 Issues: SB 91 Extension of COVID-19 Tenant Relief Act, California Lawyers Association, April 13, 2021
- SB 91: Examined and Explained, The Bar Association of San Francisco, April 8, 2021
- SB 91: Extension of COVID-19 Tenant Relief Act, California Lawyers Association, April 13, 2021
- Small Property Owners of San Francisco Institute, Virtual Legal Panel, March 9, 2021
- Overview of California’s COVID-19 Tenant Relief Act, Contra Costa County Bar Association, February 19, 2021
- Small Property Owners of San Francisco Institute, Virtual Legal Panel, May 12, 2020
- Ensuring Compliance with AB 1482: California’s New Statewide Rent and Eviction Control Laws, California Lawyers Association, April 24, 2020
- “Dos and Don’ts for Landlords During COVID-19” – Chinese Real Estate Association of America, Inc., April 24, 2020
- “Ensuring Compliance with Emerging Rent Control Laws” – California Lawyers Association Real Property Law Section’s 38th Annual Real Property Spring Conference, May 5, 2019
Honors and Awards
Selected to the Northern California “Rising Stars” list published in the Super Lawyers Magazines, 2018-2020
Real Solutions for Real Estate Problems
“The truth is, 99 percent of cases do not go to trial. The two sides eventually come to an agreement and settle. We know this from the thousands of cases we have handled. Therefore, we critically analyze our client’s situation to see if we can help them find an agreement earlier rather than later. The difference will mean enormous savings in time and legal fees.
We will do everything in our power to successfully resolve your landlord-tenant case or real estate dispute in as little time as possible. We have the resources to take on complex real estate cases and the size to keep you from becoming more than just a case file.”